Posted: 28 Jan 2017 04:32 AM PST
1/28/17 To-do List
In order to make sure you get each new edition of Rogan’s List, please take a minute to subscribe to updates by inputting your email address on the right side of the blog page above my photo. Then, once you’ve responded to the confirmation email, you will be subscribed! If you are on a phone, make sure to use the web view. Thanks!
As Rogan’s Listbecomes more and more widely distributed and used, I strongly encourage others to create similar blogs that can concentrate on individual state issues as well. Think what a force that could be! Step up! We only need 50 of you to start with! How about YOU?
- If you want to keep up with what is happening at Standing Rock from a Native perspective, I urge you to follow Dallas Goldtooth of Indigenous Environmental Network on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dallasgoldtooth
- Bernie’s organization, Our Revolution, is on Facebook. Consider “liking” the page and sign up for more info while you are at it: https://www.facebook.com/PoliticalRevolution/ State chapters are also cropping up. Here is Michigan’s: https://www.facebook.com/Our-Revolution-Michigan-1832904720292046/?hc_ref=ADS
- Don’t get rid of those pink pussy hats!! More marches to come: https://m.facebook.com/notes/the-ascent-of-the-resistance/list-of-dates-for-marches/1330203373721732/ Find one or start one!
- Tax March on Washington on April 15 Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1775904869340111
- Here is a new tracker for Trump’s agenda where you can also sign up for updates: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/us/politics/trump-agenda-tracker.html
- And a similar tracker for Trump’s nominees: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/politics/donald-trump-administration.html
- Here is another way to track Trump’s nominees. Tracking how Senators voted on the confirmation of each member of Trump’s Cabinet. Updated after each vote. Click on a Senator’s name for contact information. https://cabinetvotes.org/
- The White House senior strategist just told the media to “shut up” and described them as “the opposition.” Can everyone send him the text of the First Amendment to remind him how things work in this country? Send to Steven Bannon c/o The White House 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW Washington DC 20500. Here’s the wording of the 1st Amendment, “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”
- Want to receive alerts before votes in Congress, let your legislator know your opinion, and track votes and outcomes? Sign up here: https://issuevoter.org/
- The new administration announced the EPA would not only have to run its data and studies by its political staff, but it has to vet any “controversial” public events before holding them. Science does not need to be spun. Let your legislators know that this is unacceptable to the American people. Find them here: http://act.commoncause.org/site/PageServer?pagename=sunlight_advocacy_list_page
- Remember the White House petition for Trump to release his tax returns? It has now received more signatures than any other petition in the system’s five-year history. You can still sign it! https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/immediately-release-donald-trumps-full-tax-returns-all-information-needed-verify-emoluments-clause-compliance?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000618
- This is a repeat, but still good info: Those of you with smartphones may want to consider downloading the Countable app, which is a legislative tracking app. It allows you, as a citizen, to see how certain people vote, browse bill and issues summaries, and track their tendencies and history as well as to communicate with them. It is available for both iPhone and Android. For more information: https://www.countable.us/
- Pence will also be speaking at this weekend’s March for Life in Washington. It may be time for another round of donations in his name to Planned Parenthood. https://secure.ppaction.org/site/Donation2?df_id=12913&12913.donation=form1&s_src=Evergreen_c3_PPNonDirected_banner&_ga=1.150053686.1825951918.1485528704
- If you have not already done so, it is time to sign up with CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington) is a non-partisan legal watchdog group working to force our government officials to behave responsibly and ethically. http://www.citizensforethics.org/ “Like” them on Facebook, too: https://www.facebook.com/citizensforethics/
- Looks like we might actually have a shot at denying Betsy De Vos – now to act (especially ME, GA, NC and SC friends.) Many educators have expressed strongly that she is not qualified to ensure quality children’s’ education in this country. If you need even more information on this, read: http://www.eclectablog.com/2017/01/betsy-devos-paid-for-a-grand-rapids-school-superintendent-to-support-her-at-her-senate-confirmation-in-washington-dc.html *** PLEASE *** call one of the Republican Senators (key in the confirmation vote) to express your opinion on the appointment. At least 3 of these senators need to be convinced in order to block DeVos’ nomination. Don’t email. Don’t tweet. Don’t complain on Facebook. Call them! http://www.help.senate.gov/about/members
- The public comment line on DAPL is now open until Feb. 20. This article helps describe the process and what you can do: http://www.yesmagazine.org/people-power/dont-let-trump-distract-you-public-comment-on-dapl-is-now-open-20170125
- The creators of the Indivisible Guide have put together a Group Leader Toolkit that has a comprehensive explanation of how to organize locally, and successfully: https://www.indivisibleguide.com/group-toolkit
- If you feel you need more/different action items to keep you going, please sign up for email updates at the “Action Hub” of What Do I Do About Trump: http://whatdoidoabouttrump.com/action-hub/
- If you are not on Twitter, this would be a good time to get on it. The insiders are telling us a lot, on the sly in rogue accounts. Here is where you can find members of the Twistance (Twitter + Resistance)https://twitter.com/stollmeyereu/lists/twistance/members Consider following some of them, especially @RoguePOTUSStaff Chilling what these folks are dealing with.
- Time is running out! If you, or anyone you know, want to sign up for the ACA you can only do so until Jan. 31 if you want to be covered for the year. The new administration has taken down all of the commercials and ads letting people know this. It’s up to us now. Tell your friends and family.